Why License a Trademark?
Benefits for the trademark owner
- To keep the brand top of mind with consumers
- To expose the brand in new places and to new consumers via different product categories and retail locations
- To broaden the appeal of the brand by entering new product areas and markets
- To create free consumer impressions at retail
- To reinforce brand identity
- To reinforce the key values of the brand through the introduction of quality products
- To build an emotional relationship with the target consumer
- To allow consumers to demonstrate their loyalty to their chosen brand
- To allow a consumer to align themselves with a brand that represents a certain lifestyle they wish to be associated with
- To assist in supporting brand growth and reinforcing brand marketing and advertising programs.
- Allows complimentary products to be developed that enhance the core brand/product.
- Drive revenue to the bottom line.
Benefits for the brand licensee
- Creates a point of difference from competitive products
- Provides an opportunity to gain greater retail shelf space and improved margins
- Reduces the reliance to compete purely on price
- Can assist in building a broader retail distribution network for products
- Reduces the risk of product being copied by competitors
- Provides the opportunity to harness the existing popularity and demand for a well recognized brand on your product category